Friday, July 31, 2009

Terror


Shazaam...I woke with a start...what's that sound!? Ooh, Tomer left almost 20 minutes ago. Listening...Floor creaking. Now, if you have hardwoods you know that there's no sneaking around. More creaking, the sound of drawers opening. What??? Oh, Lord I am scared. The sound of papers shuffling, as someone rifles through the drawers. I am sore afraid...more creaking and NO phone in our bedroom. I bet tonight, my trusty cell phone will be well within reach! "Tom" I call out...no answer. MUCH PRAYING...sudden quiet. Listening...no sound. Ahh, Have they gone? What to do? With much trepidation, I softly slide out of bed. Opening the bedroom door, "please don't squeak?" Peek...no one's in the hall. Okay, I'm going to make my way through the living room...it's all clear and the front door is closed...big sigh.
Now, there's only the kitchen to investigate...with heart pounding...I poke my head into the doorway and there sits Tomer...happily writing out the bills. "You're home, I ask. Didn't you hear me call out?" "No," he replies and commences to tell me, that after he had left, the office called that the student wasn't going to class...he didn't have to do his bus run. So, he turned around and came home. Whew, what a relief! Thank you, Lord. I am safe, my home is intact and Tomer's here...I am blessed!!!

Love to All!

4 comments:

Kell said...

you need a big gun.

Mrs. Mac said...

You need a big gun AND probably some heart medication now ... I'd have had a heart attack if than happened to me :). At least carry a BIG stick with you ... ask questions later.

Felisol said...

Oh, I'm so glad you didn't have a gun. Poor Tomer!
Actually I tried to persuade my daughter to buy me a stun-gun when she was in the USA last year. She wouldn't. " Mother you for certain would have used it, and used it wrongly."
She's right of course.
I scare easily, I guess I would have locked the bedroom door and stayed there till I was certain that no one dangerous had entered the house.

Serina bought me a small pepper spray can as a USA gift. They are also forbidden in Norway)
I was glad I some weeks ago could offer it to a foreign girl who had to flee from her parents in order not to be forced to into marriage.

Psalm 127 (King James Version)

Psalm 127

1Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

2It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

3Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

I try to comfort myself and my mother with these words.
Nevertheless I have to admit being struck with fear sometimes.

From Felisol

Samantha said...

Oh my, what a fright !
Hope you have a safe, wonderful trip down to TN !!
~ Blessings to you dear friend,
glad all is well.