Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday 's Musing


It's another glorious day here in Southeast Michigan. The weather has been so perfect that it's seems a waste, to spend time indoors. I finished up my household chores in a flash and headed out, with coffee for my Tomer and I.


Tomer, Em and Xavie had been busy cleaning our vehicles. They started with the truck, stopped for lunch and moved on to my car. Doesn't it seem like a clean car drives better? Em and Xavie are now both fast asleep...Tomer's gone to get an oil change on my car. And I am left here, quietly pondering yesterday morning's sermon by Pastor Isaac, from South Africa. "LISTEN"
Be quiet, so that you can hear God speak. Seems we ask of Him and are so busy that we don't hear Him, when He wants to answer. Speak Lord...then help me to be still...and listen

Love to all!

8 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The day looks lovely. Wish you could send them over to wash my car!

Pat said...

For those of you who haven't seen Trish's yard in person...it really does look that good in person...maybe even better, it's beautiful!
Love those guys washing the cars, I need them over here!

Samantha said...

Such a nice, relaxing day !
~ Blessings to you sweet friend.

Constance said...

I say I want to hear from God but do I really? Do I subconsciously fill my life with so much noise that I am willingly trying to drown Him out? Maybe I'm afraid of what He wants to say to me. Maybe I think He wants to make me a better person and I am not wanting to let go of the pride, resentment, anger or ugliness. Christianity is SO hard sometimes!

Connie

Deb said...

I did something today that I rarely do. Brillo Man had a doctor's appointment and Miss O was at Day Camp. So I took my Bible and drove to Shenango Lake and sat by the shoreline at one of the boat launches for three hours --read and praised and sang...in fact, the Lord even gave me a song which maybe one day I'll lead a congregation in worship...(again...my biggest heart's desire)...
What an awesome time with my Savior! The Lover of my soul...I really need to do that more often!

Trish said...

Deb...We all need to close ourselves off with the Lord more often...what an awesome time! Sounds like this time off, is God's time...preparing you for a new journey. If He's given you a song...it's certainly for a reason! What a mighty God we serve!!!

Mrs. Mac said...

Trish, blessings on you day .. I've somehow set my clock one hour ahead (bedside) and have been getting up an hour early the past few days (before five am). It's quite and a good time to listen to the Lord before the hustle of the day. I'm leaving the clock alone :)

Felisol said...

Dear Trish,
Oh, the Islamists are scaring me too.
I will stay awake. Have been for quite awhile, actually.

Just now I'd rather enjoy the nice and peaceful life in your front yard.
he overflow of flowers, the industrious husband and the lovely, playing grandchildren.
This is the life we cherish.
Not the big events, but plain, clen togetherness with the one we love.
May God give us many more of those days.
From Felisol