Monday, March 9, 2009

Seasons of Change



I am a person who enjoys the changing of seasons...all 4 of them. And yes, I even enjoy Winter and love the Snow!!! But today while out and about on this lovely, mild day. It felt soo good that I am ready for Spring!
While Tomer and Hal worked on the kitchen redo at tookieville Pat and I enjoyed our coffee and sat peacefully together watching as the birds fed from the feeder that Hal so lovingly keeps for them. It was good to see such fine feathered friends as the woodpecker, sparrows and even a crow feeding as they swung to and fro from the feeder. And I even spotted my favorite ...the cardinal. So vibrant against the sky as he sat on a bare limb in the tree. What a sight! Of course the best part of the day was being with our dearest friends Pat & Hal...we love them!
As Tomer and I arrived home, there popping from the ground were our daylilies. They are a sure sign that Spring is just around the corner! And Spring is my favorite season of all! I can't wait for the colorful sight of Daffodils, Hyacinths and the beds of Tulips that Tomer has planted, to brighten our landscape.
Another sign is all of the rain we've had and more is expected through the night and all day tomorrow. Yes, I am ready for this new season. Not just in the changing of the weather...but a time of renewal in my life. A new season, where I welcome the changes that God is revealing to me...that I'm going to have to let go of some things ...that I can't fix everything...Yes, I'm still learning. And the seasons are still changing.

Love to all!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Rain. Yep. Lots of it here lately --a sure sign of Spring! I'm not sure that my Daylilies have started to poke up though...I may have to walk around a bit tomorrow and take a peek!

Constance said...

Springtime in Texas...
birds, flowers, squall lines, dry lines, severe weather warnings, flash flooding, tornadoes, hail, running to the storm shelter...

At least my son Charles, the Meteorologist wanna-be is happy when this time of year comes! Me, I just remember all of that stuff in the back of my mind and keep my flashlight and running shoes handy!
Connie

Trish said...

Sorry about the mumbo jumbo of images on this post...i am just learning and was experimenting. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the ones i do not want... once i have created such a collage!

Pat said...

look at all those pretty flowers, I love them!
It was good to share that cup of coffee with you...just sitting on the couch looking out the window at Hal's wild life sanctuary.
What a sweet time in life for all of us....sharing, caring and loving one another. God is good.