Saturday, December 1, 2012

Let Christmas Begin

Today is the first day of December...let the Christmas Season begin!  I am not one to decorate for Christmas before or just after Thanksgiving.  Seems like everything gets jammed together and well, I want to savor every moment and sweet memory of Christmas!
 I have the Michael's ( English & Buble') crooning away in my car.  And tonight we attend our first Christmas get together at Vince's Italian Restaurant (YUM) with Tom's old crew from Kemp Builder's...how blessed we are that they include him still.
  Tomorrow after Church, I hope to Christmas Up this place... at least a bit.  (The photo's on Facebook were from Christmases past.)  I am officially ready...So, let the decorating, partying and celebrating Jesus commence!  It is the most wonderful time of the year!
~Blessings

7 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

I'm with you on not muddling up the HolyDays. Enjoy the celebration surrounding Christ's birth. Let us not lose sight of why we celebrate.

Love you Trish,

Cathy

Pat said...

I second that emotion, no decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving!
Have fun at dinner tonight and give my love to your family, we're going to FCA to hear the Motown Christmas review!

Felisol said...

I agree. I don't even buy presents till December first. We decorated the house for Advent late last night.
Four candles are to be lit, one for each of the for Sundays of Advent.Tomorrow will be the first. Love your photo.

Sandy said...

Well, I put my tree up a few days after Thanksgiving, just couldn't wait. I love Christmas! Hope yours is especially wonderful.
Blessings~

Diane said...

I do nothing prior to Thanksgiving, but have traditionally done my tree and other decorating the weekend after. Terry and I were always off work together that weekend and it made it easier. I have tried to keep the tradition since he went home. My tree is up and lit, but still not completely decorated. It's ok, it'll get done! Needed some things for my winter village, but that will go up tomorrow and the other 'finishing touches' for the house. I love Christmas and I love Cathy's 'HolyDays'...I'm gonna use that! Wish I were there to celebrate with you, Trish! Love you!!!

Jada's Gigi said...

We've been decorating a little at a time over the past week....our first Christmas outing was last night....The Nutcracker Ballet with our grand girl....let the party begin!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I have two trees half done. Hope to work later this week to finish them and get the other decorations out. My husbands Christmas party was cancelled :(