Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grits Are Jim Dandy


This ol' Southern gal has discovered a new hot, stick to your ribs breakfast...Grits!
Yes, some of you Southerner's, will be shocked to learn that I had never tasted grits until last month, when on vacation my daughter Mandy, cooked us up a batch...added a pat of butter and a drizzle of organic Maple Syrup and I was in heaven. Mmmm.
It took me a while to find myself a box of Grits but then I had a brainstorm...try Sav-A-Lot. (a Southern based grocery store) And oh, my goodness there they were sitting on the shelf...calling my name.
I must say they are a good, hot, stick to your ribs breakfast! For I don't find myself hungry, for hours after eating their creamy deliciousness.
So, if you have never tried them...pick yourself up a box. You just might be pleasantly surprised. Besides being tasty they are very budget friendly.
And as Martha says..."that's a very good thing."
~Blessings

5 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

I love grits and forget all about them .. not living in the south, they're not on the menu much.

My dad would make grits and chill them in a loaf pan .. then fry them up in a little butter until the edges were crispy. Sometimes he'd fry up Spam too (LOL).

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I will check it out. Is is anything like Farina?

Sandy said...

I'm a GRITS girl for sure!! Girl
Raised In The South! I love my
grits especially with some yummy
organic cultured butter!
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

I've never had em either...but if they are like Farina-I'd love em...I grew up on Farina with butter, sugar and cinnamon on top. that was usually our winter breakfast!

Debra said...

It wasn't till 1995 that I found out that everyone does not eat grits! We were on a cruise to the Southern Carribean and we were on deck one morning and I asked "where are the grits? They didn't even know what I was talking about! LOL!