Monday, May 23, 2011

Extraordinarily Ordinary


Greetings! I haven't been in the writing mood lately...my heart just hasn't been in it. But, I have determined that today is the day that changes. Praise the Lord!
Life is busy as always for this ol' grammy. Softball and TBall games have commenced, caring for and loving my family and being active in Church helps give my life meaning and purpose.
God is faithful...He created us for a purpose. Yes, He did!
Today, I have cleaned, (Tomer says I'm on a cleaning binge) beds have been stripped, comforters and blankets all washed and put back on the beds. For Supper I cooked up a batch of Egg Plant Parmesan and cut a bizillion calories, by not breading nor frying it in a ton of oil. Surprisingly, it was as yummy as ever! Goes to show that we can eat healthy and still have it taste good.
Just another ordinary day around here...I don't think so.
Serving God, taking care of my home and loving my family. These things make my life extraordinary!

~Blessings

6 comments:

Debra said...

I often get into a blogging slump. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say, so I don't.

Ordinary, such a good word, and such a good thing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sweet post. Nice to see you!

Felisol said...

Dear Trish,
In my roller coaster life I've come to love these "ordinary" days like heavenly blessings.
Only everyday life tells me just how rich and blessed I really am.
I don't need no towers and spikes, I need to cook and sow, make flowers (and people) grow; that's the time I love most on earth.
From Felisol

Becky said...

ordinary days are the best.

Margie said...

I love your posts! I'm glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

The part about needing a purpose touched me. Having now been in Japan almost three months and not really have found my niche yet-I have felt so off balance. You are right, the Lord designed us to be actively participants in life-not bystanders. I spent the day putting together my English school schedule....I could tell I felt much brighter today! Working towards a purpose.