Saturday, March 12, 2011

Friends and Chocolate Pie


Good Saturday morning to ya'! It has been a week filled with things that I love.
Grandbabies, shopping, coffee night out and yesterday, lunch with my dear friend Nina. Over burgers and fries, there was non-stop chatter. Oh, and they had the best coffee and Chocolate Pie...mmm. We being raised by Southern Mama's, appreciate a good old fashioned slice of heavenly meringue topped goodness. Then after lunch we went back to Nina's and talked for hours.
They say that milk does a body good...well, gabfests with your gal pals are a magic elixer that only God could have conjoured up! We have vowed to meet once a month and I am sticking to it! The days of being an extreme homebody are over...the joy of yesterday's love and laughter fills me still today.
So, look out world and other gal pals and Pat that means you. I will be calling on you to join me for a joy filled lunch very soon!
Life is fixin' to be celebrated and friends loved. Oh, it is joy unspeakable and full of glory...and the half has never yet been told!
~Blessings

8 comments:

Diane said...

Oh man! I sure wish I were close enough to get in on those gabfests and lunches out together! I'll enjoy our time in heaven all the more cause I will have waited such a long time to talk to you!

Many hugs.......

Diane

Pat said...

I'll be waiting to hear from you, with great joy and anticipation! I'm ready when you are, and those burgers, chocolate pie and coffee sound perfect!
Getting my hairs did on Tuesday, so I'll be all purty for ya!
Winter has held me prisoner long enough!

Sandy said...

Gee, I wish I lived close to
you...

Becky said...

ooh, i wanna go!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It sounds like it was perfect.
I need to push myself, I am home way too much!

Felisol said...

Dear Trish,
What a treasure of good quotes you are.
On days like this one, we have to embrace all God's blessings.
"Life is fixin' to be celebrated and friends loved."
Tomorrow I'm out for my first hike after nine indoor days.
Please, say a little prayer for me too.
From Felisol

Margie said...

I wanna come too!

donna said...

I think I'll move to Michigan.