Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blessed Are Daddy's Children


Mama and Daddy the day after they married...April 1950.
I always, find myself a little sad on these special days. My sweet Daddy died suddenly. And these days, I am reminded that I simply wasn't ready to let him go.
There was 8 of us Musser children and Daddy was so proud of each and every one of us. I will miss him always.

He quoted the the bold part of this Scripture often.
Psalm 127:4-5 (New International Version)
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth. (Daddy said children, not sons)
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.

They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Happy Fathers day!

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sweet post. ((HUGS))

nancygrayce said...

What a nice tribute! My daddy died suddenly too after eating dinner with us and talking and laughing. He just went home and died. It was such a shock at the time, but now we see it as merciful....he was 76 and worked 6 days a week and church on Sunday. We know he would have been miserable if he had been like our mama is now....with others having to care for every need.

There are 6 of us!

Felisol said...

Dear Trish,
I miss my Dad too.
Every day.
It's selfish, I know, 'cause he suffered much towards the end of his life.

His greatest gift to us, was his daily Bible reading.
I have his eldest, very worn Bible.
He has written, "Jesus, save my children". We were one and two year at the time he wrote those words.
My father's prayers were heard.

Diane said...

Blessings are funny, aren't they? It seems your Daddy was wonderfully blessed by having his eight children, and his eight children were equally as wonderfully blessed by having him as their Daddy.

I love you my dear Sister. Won't that be a wonderful day when we can see our loved one again?!