Monday, December 14, 2009

Only 11 More Days

Christmas is just around the corner...only 11 more days! The weekend brought the final touches to my Christmas decorations. My shopping is complete and the Christmas Cards are in the mail. I have enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the season and with these things crossed off my list comes a...sigh of relief. Now, I can relax a bit and look forward to the parties, Christmas programs and sharing the company of friends and family.
Please keep my Mama in your prayers. She had surgery December 3rd on the the ankle that she had broken back in August. My brother called me early Saturday morning and Mama had fallen and has broke the other leg! So, she had to have another surgery and is now sporting casts on both legs. Which means, that when she is released from the hospital she will have to go to a Nursing Home/Rehabilitation Center. Thankfully, there is one in the small town of Erin. So, she will know and be familiar with the people and facility. She was a little upset to hear this but Mama accepts things fairly well and is a people person and that's a good thing. Tomer and I will head to Tennessee right after Christmas to spend time with her and my brother. It's a lot for a 76 year old so, of course I worry! And since I am 600 miles away, I can't be there as much as I would like. But my brother is a wonderful, loving person who does his best to see that Mama is cared for...he is a blessing.
Well, enough of my goings on. I need to finish up a few chores before I call it a day. Blessings...

Love to All!

7 comments:

Pat said...

Oh no, poor Mom! Bless her heart, she's really been through a lot, I'll keep her and Bobby in my prayers.
I still have a bit to do before Christmas, nothing major, thank goodness! Did you bake this year?

Trish said...

Pat...I haven't baked yet. Will do a bit tomorrow. But, I normally don't do it this early, because I am the one who eats it for breakfast, lunch and Supper!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your poor mother, I will keep her in my prayers. Isn't it nice to be all set for the holidays. Have a blessed Christmas.

donna said...

will keep her and all of you in my prayers...bless her.

donna

Margie said...

I will be praying!

I had to start baking for work already... seems so early!

Terry said...

dear trish..i have been thinking about your mama the last few days since i heard from donna at the stripes that she had an operation.
as i was taking my own mother about on tuesday, i kept thinking of yours and thinking how so very important that mothers are to us.
i will pray for yours trish and i hope that she will have a happy christmas when you and tomar go down to see her.
i will pray for your safety on the roads...love terry

Mrs. Mac said...

Dear Trish, I'm sorry to read about your mother's second mishap. Will keep her in my prayers ... she has a good outlook .. a good thing. Enjoy this week before Christmas ... sounds like you have most everything taken care of.