Saturday, May 16, 2009

Armed Forces Day


"UNITED IN STRENGTH"
President Harry S. Truman led the effort to establish a single holiday for citizens to come together and thank our military members for their patriotic service in support of our country.
On August 3, 1949, Secretary of Defense, Louis Johnson announced the creation of an Armed Forces Day to replace separate Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Air Force Days.
The single celebration stemmed from the unification of Armed Forces under on department--the Department of Defense.
To all of the men and women who have served and to those that are serving still...I thank you!

Love to All!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I thank you too, and I thank God for each of you!

Samantha said...

I join you in honoring them and thank them for serving.
I am working on my tag list, hope you have a wonderful Saturday !