Sunday, April 5, 2009

This Day


On this day April 5, 1952 at 11a.m. and weighing 7lb.15oz. I Patricia Louise Musser Andrews entered the world. My parents...William and Joyce (Carter) Musser sent out announcements proudly proclaiming my arrival. My maternal Great Grandma...Essie Allsbrooks tucked it away. And many years later as she was entering her nineties, it was found among her belongings and given to my Mama, who then passed it on to me.
As I pull the Announcement from inside an envelope, now yellowing from age. Postmarked April 8, 1952 at 9a.m. and wearing a 2 cent stamp. I their firstborn child, am once again reminded just how much joy my birth brought to my Mama and Daddy.
Just as certain I am of the joy it brought my Heavenly Father...my Maker. The one who painted my eyes blue-green and gave me Great Aunt Ruby's fine boned hands.
My God, who knew me in the womb and has carried me everyday of my life...through every circumstance. He is faithful.
Today I am thankful for another year. Blessed to have been placed in the family that God chose just for me. Mostly, I am blessed to be part of the Family of God!
One day as I enter His gates...I will have Eternal Life. I pray that He is pleased with me and count me worthy.

I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from birth. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and I will take care of you.
Isaiah 46:3-4

5 comments:

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...

your blog is feel good

Terry said...

dear trish,
what a treasure your great grandma had tucked away for you.
a priceless treasure
my poor mom golden had so many babies that she can't even remember how much any of us weighed, nor what time in the day we were born.
after a while, i guess it became one big blur..ha.
but we did bring joy to her for sure.
and you sure did bring joy to your mama.
you bring joy to your savior and when it is time for you to go home, you will already be counted worthy because the one who died for you and bought you is the all together worthy one.
what a precious post this is trish....love terry

Constance said...

Happy Birfday to you!
Happy Birfday to you!
Happy Birfday dear scarf sister,
Happy Birfday to you!

What a blessing your friendship is to all of us!
Connie

Pat said...

I have my birth announcement too. I was surprised that my Mother even had them. I felt loved when I found it.
I hope your birthday was filled with joy and laughter. I'm so glad I'm a part of your family...the family of God!!

Sara said...

A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you! Each day of the near may you find Jesus near! A happy birthday to you, a happy birthday to you! And the best year you ever had!