Monday, September 19, 2011

Friends...God's Supplement

"For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5



A friend shared this article with me and I want to share it with you.

Why do I have a variety of friends who are all different in character?
Some of them can be considered marginal even?
How do I get on with them all?
I think that each one helps to bring out a "different" part of me.. .
With one of them I am a polite, good girl.
I joke with another friend.
I sit down and talk about serious matters with one of them.
With another I giggle at every silly thing.
I have my tea with one
And dance with another.
I listen to one friend's problems and give her advice
Then I listen to another advising me.

They are all like pieces of a jigsaw,
When completed they form a treasure box.
A treasure of friends!
They are my friends who understand me better than myself,
who support me through good days and bad days.
They are like colorful anti-depressants that I take on different days.

Real Age doctors tell us that friends are good for our health.
Dr. Oz calls them Vitamins F (from Friends) and counts the benefits of friends to our well being.

Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression
and terminal strokes. If you take Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age. The warmth of friendship stops stress and even in your tense moments it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.

I am so happy that I have a stock of Vitamins F!

In summary we should value our friends and keep in touch with them.
We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together, not forgetting
to open our mouths big to swallow the floating vitamins F !!!!

Thank you for being my vitamins!

5 comments:

Felisol said...

Thank you, Trish for being my vitamin F during my mother's illness. Your friendly comment meant a lot to me.
Besides your also providing me with vitamin P (prayer), which cannot be treasured highly enough.
Hugs from Felisol

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Very interesting. I need to get more Vitamin F in my life!

Sandy said...

Wow! I am blessed with the highest
quality of vitamin F and didn't
even realize it! This was a sweet
post, dear Trish.
Love,
Sandy

Pat said...

You've always been my vitamins, A-Z!
I love you Sissy!

Becky said...

nice! vitamin f is the greatest.