Thursday, September 8, 2011

God Bless America


I have sat here at this computer many times, wanting to write something. Seems my well had run dry. I could have went on about school starting, cleaning house, shopping or other everyday going's on around here...but somehow my Spirit said no.
So, I listened to that still small voice...God's whisperings and just logged off.
My heart is heavy. There is so much going on...Hurricanes, Floods, Earthquakes, Drought and now fires burning in Texas. People are losing their homes and their livelihoods. But, the saddest thing is the violence that surrounds us and the senseless, loss of life that it brings.
So, I pray. I pray for you, I pray for this Nation, I pray for our priorities...have we lost our first love? The love for God.
And as we remember 9/11 this weekend. May we, remember You, Lord. Please, let this Nation fall on her knees and thank you for your blessings. Oh, my heart cries...let Freedom Ring.

~Blessings

3 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Yes .. let us fall on our faces and pray to God and ask for His blessings. It's good to see you with a new post Trish.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Amen! This brought me to tears and I got down on my knees praying your prayer. ((HUGS))

Sandy said...

Yes, I think this nation turned away
from God a long time ago. Our only
hope is for heart revival among God's
people. Then, and only then, will He
heal our land, according to His Word.
Love & Hugs,
Sandy
I agree with Mrs. Mac though--good
to see a post from you, Trish!