Thursday, February 17, 2011

Busyness


Seems I haven't been here much lately. I sit down thinking, I'm going to write and get right back up thinking...I just don't feel like it. I have nothing much to say.
So, I will just tell you what I've been up to. Actually, this ol' grammy has been on the go! Between Dr. and Dentist appointments, the Sweetheart Banquet at Church, shopping and going downtown with Peg to pray for her son-in-law, who had surgery for Lung Cancer...please pray for Jimmy and his wife Geri, not just for his healing but for their Salvation.
Thank You from Peg.
Well, February is chock full of Birthday's and that makes it a happy month around here! So far, we have celebrated Xavier and Michael's (Kell's husband). Xavier's menu was Fried Cabbage and Noodles, Chicken Legs and homemade Mac and Cheese. (Mac and Cheese was for Michael) Oh, and of course we had Cake and Ice cream! Kellerbell's birthday was yesterday. So, yesterday morning I made her favorite Williams Sausage Patties, homemade Biscuits and Gravy. I Surely, missed Mama and Daddy for that smell is home to me...sigh. Sunday, after Church we will celebrate both Kell and Maddy's birthdays with Lasagna and whatever else is requested. Ian's birthday is next month and I already know that he wants. Yep, Fried Cabbage and Noodles! That boy ate 3 helpings the other night and then moaned about being too full! Lol.
Tuesday Night, I was asked to be the host speaker at one of our Life Groups. Yikes! I haven't spoken in front of Adults in so long...I was scared! Believe me, I did lots of praying and with the help of the Lord I got through it and actually had a great time! I told them right off that I am used to teaching 6 and 7 year olds not Adults. Thank God for Mariann because she broke the ice and said "Do you want us to sit in the floor?" Laughing, I told them I'd give them all a cookie afterwards if they did.
I love the people of our Church...they are family to me. We have been through much together and God as always, is faithful. Change is not easy but we need to embrace it when it is for our good. Just as the Seasons change, so must I and I am ready for whatever He calls me to.
Now, I will go change loads of laundry...Jesus is even changing my dislike of laundrocizing!
Blessings~

6 comments:

Felisol said...

Hi,Trish,
No need asking; You are doing great.
I'm impressed by your very active home/social/church life.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall when you kept your adult speach and promised them cookies afterwards.
I bet you had their full attention.
Will be praying for salvation and healing for Jimmy & Geri.
I will also be celebrating in February.
Great month for birthdays.
from Felisol

Becky said...

busy and birthdays in february make for a non-funk kinda winter.

Pat said...

You should have enough cabbage and noodles for a while! LOL!
Lots of happy celebrations, every one growing older..except us!
Love you sissy!

Margie said...

love love love your love!

Nakamuras on Saipan said...

I can surely relate... hugs sister!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Well you have been very busy and that's a really good thing!