Friday, December 24, 2010

Here We Are As In Olden Days...



As I finish up some baking and prepare to make our traditional Hungarian Gulyas for tonight. I have been listening to some precious old Christmas Carols...Oh, Holy Night the stars are brightly shining...Noel, Noel born is the King of Israel...Oh, come let us adore Him Christ the Lord. Such beautiful words.
Sitting here sipping on my coffee before going on with my day...I have to say that, I am thankful for a Mama and Daddy, who made sure that their children knew that Jesus was the only reason we celebrate. I can tell you that deep within my soul, is where the best gift they ever gave lingers...it was to love others, forgive as God forgives and to always be kind. I pray, that those lessons will linger in the souls of my girls and their babies. Always.
It's not what you have or what gifts you give, but how you treat others. So, Daddy as I sit here missing you this morning. I remember your words "a soft answer, turneth away wrath." You were always that example in my life...what a gift.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

4 comments:

Mrs. Mac said...

Merry Christmas Trish and family! Lovely memories you have shared today about your parents. Enjoy the day the Lord has made. Yummo .. Hungarian food! (ship me a little plate please;)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is beautiful. I wish I would have grown up with that love for Jesus. I know Him now and I am so thankful for His love. Merry Christmas. xoxo

Pat said...

I'm thankful to your parents for producing 8 beautiful and loving children...you are all so precious to me!
Merry Christmas Sissy...all our love to you, Tom and the girls, boys and grands!!

Rebecca said...

What a precious heritage! I am thankful for a similar one.