Friday, March 19, 2010

Remembering...


It is a sad morning. I got the news last night that my Uncle Cliff had passed away.
He had been suffering from 2 types of Leukemia, which made it very hard to treat, let alone cure. Please pray for my cousins, Sandi and Cindy as they grieve? They have been such wonderful caring daughters and I am so proud of the loving care that they showered on their Dad. It is, a very emotional time for them since they lost their Mom (my Daddy's younger Sister) to cancer, over 26 years ago at the young age of 49.
Pray, that they will feel God's presence and His peace that passeth understanding. I am waiting to hear about the arrangements and then will prepare myself for a trip to Tennessee to be with them.
So, I sit sipping coffee and remembering our childhoods. We were such a close family. Aunt Mildred, Uncle Cliff, Cindy and Sandi were over often...our parents playing Pinochle, my Mama and Uncle Cliff teasingly giving one another a hard time. We kids, sprawled all over the living room floor, watching TV or playing games...our lives so intertwined. They are, forever a part of me.

5 comments:

KayMac said...

I am sorry.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I am so sorry and I will keep all of you in my prayers. Sorry he had to suffer.

Pat said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I pray the girls will find comfort in the Lord and from all of you who love them. Praying you have safe travels.

Felisol said...

I will pray.
I also hope that the good memories may help them want to reunite with their parents in heaven someday.
I pray God watch and bless all of you.

Samantha said...

Praying for them and you dear Trish.