Thursday, February 12, 2009

Help Me Remember

I have a secret. I am becoming a Fox News Network junkie. Bill O'Reilly is my favorite. He tells it like it is and usually finds himself in hot water with the far left liberal media. If he believes in something, there's no backing down or dancing around the issues.
I too am very verbal about my political opinions. Oh yeah, you're going to hear them if moral and ethical issues come up. And believe me, I've gotten my toes burned more than once, while verbally walking through hot waters. Why don't I just shut my mouth and let things go? Because as a child of God I am accountable to Him and I feel I had better stand my ground.
It took only one hateful, agnostic woman in the 60's to get prayer removed from our Schools. I remember up until 6th grade the teacher leading our class in Grace before lunch. And then we were told that we could pray no more. It was confusing to a child that had always said Grace...I wondered how one Madeline Murray O'Hare could accomplish such a feat?
That was a turning point in this nation. Moral decline came quickly. Businesses started opening on Sundays. Where before stores, gas stations and restaurants honored
the Sabbath day, our day of rest became just another busy day...nothing special.
What is coming next? With the stimulous package being rushed through so swiftly it makes me wonder what hidden agenda's it holds. And with what is now the 4th nominee for our new President's Cabinet stepping down today. I don't think this administration is as qualified as the American people were led to believe during the campaigns. But only time will be the judge of that. So, until then, this ol' gal will pray for our President. God give him wisdom. But mostly God be with us your people. Help us Lord to keep our eyes upon you. And help me to remember the words of the old song...may the things of earth become strangely dim...in the light of Your Glory and Grace.

Love to all!

8 comments:

Constance said...

Yeah, I am pretty disgusted with the political climate out there as well. I am hopeful that in 4 years though, people will realize that O is not the savior of the world as he has been made out to be! We already have one and His name is Jesus!
Connie

Mrs. Mac said...

I'm a recovering Fox junkie. Today I turned it off when they kept talking about the airplane crash in Buffalo, NY. My heartfelt prayers go out to those people and their families, but I don't want to watch 60 minutes of all the horrific details. It was rather nice not tuning my brain in to the political unrest too. I really need to go switch your blog address in my settings ... it's a pain to get over hear via a comment you left at Pat's. How is your kitchen redo coming along?

Pat said...

Did Mrs. Mac say I was a pain?!! Ha!
You know that Hal is also a Fox junkie as well as Rush Limbough (SP?) As much as I grow weary of it, it's a must to stay informed and be active in what's going on. We have our children and grandchildrens future to pray for too!
By the way,
Happy Valentines day!!

Trish said...

Mrs Mac~ my kitchen redo is kind of in limbo right now. The curtains are almost done and i'm still shopping around for things. Hopefully it won't take much longer. I'll be sure to post pictures when complete.

Pat~ I've just gotten hooked in the passed few weeks. Although i do get weary after they rehash the same things over and over.
Happy Valentines day !!!!

donna said...

Hi Trish....just came by to say hello
blessings to you!

Deb said...

We rarely miss Bill O'Reilly - in fact, Brillo Man records his show every night. Fox News is on a lot in our house.

I'm not at all surprised at the current political administration....and just keep praying and trusting the Lord.

Deb said...

...and I LOVE that song....Turn your eyes upon Jesus...look full in His wonderful face...

come on...sing it with me...

...and the things of earth will grow strangely dim...in the light of His glory and grace....

Trish said...

Deb~ I'm singing...I always sing these old choruses to my Grandbabies. I love them and they fill me with such peace!